14 inch solid wood plaque hand carved and painted.
Training Squadron SIX (VT-6) was initially established in 1956 and re-designated as VT-6 in May 1960. The squadron provides primary flight training to selected Student Naval Aviators (SNAs). Since its inception, VT-6 has flown a wide variety of naval training aircraft to include the TC-45, T-28, T-34, and now the T-6B. The squadron serves as an indoctrination point for Naval Aviation and takes pride in building professional U.S and International Aviators.
The use of naval aviation insignia is a modern form of heraldry that dates back to the early period of naval aviation in the 1920’s and captures many proud moments of its history. The practice fosters a sense of pride, unit cohesion and contributes to high morale, esprit de corps and professionalism within the community. It also serves as an effective means of preserving a command’s tradition, continuity of purpose and recognition, as traced through its lineage. The following rules are provided to ensure that all command insignia and slogans are in keeping with the highest traditions of the proud naval aviation heritage.