VSF-76 Saints F-8 Crusader Model
Fly with the VSF-76 Saints again with this F-8 Crusader model. Each model is carefully carved from wood and expertly painted to provide a unique and treasured piece.
Length: 18 inches
Wingspan: 11 inches
- 1967: VMF-451 as VM-7.
- Upgraded to F-8H.
- 1968: VF-51 as NF-x00.
- 1968: VF-51 as NF-103.
- 1969: VF-111 as AH-107.
- 1973: VSF-76 as AW-661.
- 4/1976: Put into storage at the AMARC bone yard.
- 12/1977: Sold to the Philippine AF as 301.
- 1981: 7th TFS (5th TFW).
- Currently preserved at Clark AB, Philippines.
Carrier Anti Submarine Fighter Squadron 76
1. July 1970 VSF-76 Established at NAS New Orleans LA.
1. September 1973 VSF-76 Disestablished at NAS New Orleans LA.
1970 – 1971
VSF-76-01.png (84535 Byte)
1971 – 1973
VSF-76-01.png (74722 Byte)
17. August 1971 – 26. August 1971 CVS-18 USS Wasp CVSGR-70 A-4C AW 660
VSF-76 Commanding Officers
? 1. July 1970 ?
? ? 1. September 1973
VSF-76 and VSF-86 were two NAS New Orleans, Louisiana, based squadrons tasked with the mission to provide fighter cover for the ant-submarine carriers. Previously flying early-model A-4 Skyhawks, the squadron transitioned to the F-8H in 1971. On 1. September 1973 VF-753 absorbed VSF-76 and VSF-86 and the conglomeration was redesignated Fleet Composite Squadron Thirteen (VC-13)