USS LEWIS B. PULLER FFG-23 Patch – Sew On
4 inch patch of the USS Lewis B Puller FFG-23.
USS Lewis B. Puller (FFG-23) was the fifteenth ship of the Oliver Hazard Perry class of guided-missile frigates in the United States Navy. She was the first US Navy ship to be named for United States Marine Corps Lieutenant General Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller (1898–1971). Ordered from Todd Pacific Shipyards, Los Angeles Division, San Pedro, California on 28 February 1977 as part of the FY77 program, Lewis B. Puller was laid down on 23 May 1979, launched on 15 March 1980, and commissioned on 17 April 1982. Decommissioned and stricken on 18 September 1998, she was transferred to Egypt the same day as Toushka (F906)