4 inch STATUE DE LA LIBERTE 48th Fighter Wing Patch – Plastic Backing
The 48th Fighter Wing (48 FW) is part of the United States Air Force’s Third Air Force, assigned to Headquarters Air Command Europe and United States Air Forces in Europe (USAFE). It is based at RAF Lakenheath, England. The 48 FW is the only F-15 wing based in Europe and consists of both F-15C/D Eagle and F-15E Strike Eagle aircraft. The 48 FW was given the name “Statue of Liberty Wing” on 4 July 1954 and remains the only U.S. Air Force unit with both a name and a numerical designation.
The 48 FW operates in support of United States Air Forces in Europe – Air Forces Africa, United States European Command and NATO.