A 4″ patch of NAS Chincoteague with plastic backing (Sew-on)
- 4 inch
- US Veteran Owned Business
Naval Auxiliary Air Station Chincoteague was a U.S. Navy Auxiliary Air Station near Chincoteague Island, Virginia. One young pilot being trained there, future president George Herbert Walker Bush, got in trouble for “buzzing” the house of a young woman he had met at a dance. In 1959, NASA acquired the former Naval Auxiliary Air Station Chincoteague, and engineering and administrative activities were moved to this location. In 1974, the Wallops Station was named Wallops Flight Center. The name was changed to Wallops Flight Facility in 1981, when it became part of Goddard Space Flight Center.