4 inch MASTER OF SPACE 50th Space Wing Patch – Plastic Backing
The 50th Space Wing was the United States Space Force’s space and cyber warfare wing. The 50th Space Wing was assigned to Space Operations Command and headquartered at Schriever Air Force Base. The 50th Space Wing was activated in 1949 as the 50th Fighter Wing, serving as a reserve air defense unit, and was redesignated as the 50th Fighter-Interceptor Wing in 1950, before being inactivated in 1951. It was reactivated in 1953 as the 50th Fighter-Bomber Wing, deploying to Europe to support NATO forces, and was redesignated as the 50th Tactical Fighter Wing in 1958. The wing was operating for almost 40 years at Hahn Air Base in West Germany and main part of the important NATO frontline Air Bases. In 1981 it became the first USAF overseas Base to operate the F-16 fighter jet. The 50th Tactical Fighter Wing deployed in the Persian Gulf War, before being inactivated in 1991. It was activated as a space wing on 30 January 1992, replacing the 2nd Space Wing. The 50th Space Wing was inactivated on 24 July 2020 and replaced by the Peterson-Schriever Garrison, with the 50th Network Operations Group and its cyber and satellite control network units forming Space Delta 6, the 50th Operations Group and its satellite communications units forming Space Delta 8, and the 750th Operations Group and its orbital warfare units forming Space Delta 9.