150th Special Operations Wing Patch – Plastic Backing
A 8.89W x 8.89H cm(as 3.5″ inch) patch of the 150th Special Operations Wing Patch – Plastic Backing
The 150th Special Operations Wing (150 SOW) is a unit of the New Mexico Air National Guard, stationed at Kirtland Air Force Base. The wing traces its history back to the expansion of the 150th Tactical Fighter Group into the 150th Fighter Wing in 1995. In 2013, the Wing combined with the 58th Special Operations Wing to become the 150th Special Operations Wing, tasked with providing training for Air Force Special Operations Command units.
The 150th Tactical Fighter Group was constituted in 1957.
The group began converting from the A-7D Corsair II to the F-16 Fighting Falcon at the beginning of the 1990s. On 16 March 1992, the 150th Tactical Fighter Group was redesignated as the 150th Fighter Group. Its last A-7 was flown from Kirtland to Davis–Monthan Air Force Base for decommissioning on 28 September.
In October 1995 the 150th Tactical Fighter Group was expanded into the 150th Fighter Wing. On 1 December 2013 the 150th Fighter Wing was re-designated as the 150th Special Operations Wing and integrated with the 58th Special Operations Wing. The wing assumed the mission of special operations training.
Constituted as 150th Fighter Group (Air Defense) and allotted to New Mexico ANG, 1957
Received federal recognition and activated on 1 July 1957
Re-designated: 150th Tactical Fighter Group, 1 April 1964
In non-operational status, 26 January 1968 – 4 June 1969
Re-designated: 150th Fighter Group, 16 March 1992
Status changed from Group to Wing, 1 October 1995
Re-designated: 150th Fighter Wing, 1 October 1995
Re-designated: 150th Special Operations Wing, 1 December 2013 Components
150th Maintenance Group
150th Operations Group
150th Mission Support Group
150th Medical Group Squadrons
188th Rescue Squadron
250th Intelligence Squadron, 2013 – present
210th RED HORSE Squadron, 2013 – present