4 inch 125TH Fighter Squadron Patch – Sew On
The 125th Fighter Squadron (125 FS) is a unit of the Oklahoma Air National Guard 138th Fighter Wing located at Tulsa Air National Guard Base, Oklahoma. The 125th is equipped with the Block 42 F-16C Fighting Falcon.
The squadron is a descendant organization of the 125th Aero Squadron, established on 30 July 1940. It was one of the 29 original National Guard Observation Squadrons of the United States Army National Guard formed before World War II.
Designated 125th Observation Squadron, and allotted to the Oklaholma NG, on 30 July 1940
Activated on 10 February 1941
Ordered into active service on 15 September 1941
Re-designated: 125th Observation Squadron (Light) on 13 January 1942
Re-designated: 125th Observation Squadron on 4 July 1942
Re-designated: 125th Liaison Squadron on 2 April 1943
Inactivated on 15 December 1945
Re-designated: 125th Fighter Squadron, and allotted to the Oklahoma ANG, on 24 May 1946
Extended federal recognition on 15 February 1947
Re-designated: 125th Fighter Squadron (Jet) on 1 March 1950
Federalized and ordered to active service on: 10 October 1950
Re-designated: 125th Fighter-Bomber Squadron on 1 November 1950
Released from active duty and returned to Oklahoma state control, 10 July 1952
Re-designated: 125th Fighter-Interceptor Squadron on 1 August 1957
Re-designated: 125th Air Transport Squadron on 15 January 1960
Federalized and ordered to active service on: 1 October 1961
Released from active duty and returned to Oklahoma state control, 31 August 1962
Re-designated: 125th Military Airlift Squadron on 8 January 1966
Re-designated: 125th Tactical Fighter Squadron on 25 January 1973
Re-designated: 125th Fighter Squadron on 15 March 1992
Components designated as: 125th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron when deployed as part of an Air and Space Expeditionary unit after June 1996.